Find eggplant in winter is extremely difficult. And if it succeeds, it will be very expensive to pay for them. That is why it is better to stock your favorite vegetables from summer, for example, to prepare eggplant in tomato. They are prepared as simply and quickly as possible. The best pouring for the vegetables in question is precisely tomato - it complements the bright taste of fruits and makes it even more interesting and saturated.
- aubergines - 900 grams;
- garlic - 4-5 denticles;
- tomatoes - 900 grams;
- table vinegar - 80 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 170 milliliters;
- salt, sugar - 0.5 tablespoons each.
The specified amount of ingredients is designed for a small jar - just over a liter. Therefore, if you need to prepare more eggplants in tomato, you should increase their number two or more times.
- To begin with, you should start preparing vegetables. Aubergines are thoroughly washed and cleaned under cold running water.
- Tomatoes are also cut into several pieces and then ground with a blender or other similar device to a puree state. If desired, you can remove from them peel, pre-scalded vegetables with boiling water. This is especially important if it is decided to grind the fruit with a meat grinder.
- A large pot of ground eggplant, as well as tomato puree. The whole mass is salted and sprinkled with sugar-sand. Lastly, the mixture is poured with vinegar and vegetable oil.
- Now you need to put it on a slow fire and leave to put out the future snack for about 15-17 minutes after it boils.
- At this time, separately cut into small pieces of garlic. It is better not to use a special crush for this. Garlic slices are sent to the general vegetable mass for fire, after which it is cooked for another 5-7 minutes.
- It remains to prepare the banks. Vegetable snack is laid in sterilized containers while they are still hot. After the lids are rolled up, the cans are turned over, wrapped in a warm blanket and left until completely cooled.
In winter, the resulting vegetable dish will be an excellent holiday snack or a piquant addition to dinner. You can serve it with meat, chicken and any side dish.