Dehydration is not just a lack of fluid. As a rule, the balance of water and salts in the body is disturbed. Most often, dehydration occurs in the summer due to too high temperature and increased sweating, but it can cause other causes. To them carry.
- Wrong drinking regime( little water, lots of coffee, black tea, carbonated drinks);
- high fever, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- consumption of spicy and salty foods;
- intake of diuretics.
Knowing what leads the body to dehydration, you can prevent it. For example, if you are poisoned, then with vomiting or diarrhea from the body will leave the liquid and salt, so during intoxication you need to drink salted water. Also, before taking diuretics, consult a doctor about the drinking regimen.
As for the symptoms of dehydration, they begin to show up when the body loses only 1% of the fluid. So, signs of dehydration:
- thirst, dry lips, viscous saliva, bad breath;
- a small amount of urine or its dark yellow color( if there is enoug
- dark circles under the eyes, dryness and poor elasticity of the skin;
- loss of appetite, dizziness, nausea;
- weakness, decreased activity, overwork, drowsiness;
- confusion and fainting are signs of the last stage of dehydration - the body lost about 10% of water.
In order to determine how much you have lost the fluid, weigh - the percentage that you become lighter and there is lost water. For example, if your weight is 60 kg, then if you lose 6 kg, you will lose 10% of the liquid. Consider that dehydration of the body by more than 10% can lead to a state of coma or even death.
Dehydration of the body is treated very simply - it all depends on its stage. If you feel the first signs, then it is enough to fill the loss of fluid with several glasses of drinking water without gas. If this does not help, the doctor can prescribe drug products in the form of solutions that restore the balance of fluid and salts. At the last stages, the fluid is administered by means of droppers.
It is worth noting that often dehydration happens in infants and elderly people. The first about this can not say, so parents need to be careful. Obvious signs - it's whims, crying without tears, the fall of the fontanel. Old people are very keenly thirsty, so they should always have drinking water at hand.
Dehydration of the body is serious, as it can lead to various disorders in the body, including metabolic problems, excess weight and various diseases, so observe the water regime and do not abuse coffee, carbonated and alcoholic beverages.